1. This stand-up video by DJ Demers. A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to do some sub-par stand-up before he did some hilarious stand-up. Fantastic guy, fantastic comic.
2. This band. Thanks to a reader, Daniel, I discovered this band called “The Beard”. They only sing songs about beards. This song combines beards and a kazoo, two things that are very close to my own heart. (Profanity alert. It’s mostly funny.)
3. This cold brew coffee recipe. It’s amazing how different cold brew tastes in comparison to cooled down hot brewed coffee. We made a batch of this up at the lake, and it was ever so delightful to sip while sitting on the dock in the sun. It’s really great in my disgustingly hot apartment, too. I make a big batch at the beginning of the week and keep the concentrate in a jar in the fridge. About 1/3 of my cup is the concentrate, the rest is soy milk (which makes it creamy and delicious). I add some amber maple syrup to give it a nice sweetness.
4. Connie Britton’s hair. Do I need to explain? No.
5. This song. It’s an old one, and it’s by Hanson (?!), but it’s just so dang catchy and summery. It makes me want to dance.
Happy Friday, friends!