Mondays are for mishmash.
This Monday, I have an overwhelming amount of mishmash. I made a list.
List of Mishmash
– By the end of the week, I will be in Mexico! Eating tacos! I have not yet starting packing, but I have written a list. Close enough.
– Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. Tomorrow I will be guest posting over at Rob Shep Dot Com. It’s a good one. And Valentine’s Day themed. Check that out tomorrow.
– Our team has reached our fundraising goal! Actually, we have gone beyond our fundraising goal! Thanking God for $42K! It’s going to go far. Watch here for updates to see how the money will be used. BIG thank you to all of you who have helped support us financially.
– I found myself feeling out of place (but still welcome) at a meeting this past week. I was the only non-mom. I resisted the urge to brag about the large amount of sleep I get on weekends because they were all so nice to me. If they weren’t nice mommies, I would have likely started a conversation about my lack of stretch marks.
– I worked more last week than I did in the month of February! Hooray for work!
– Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. To celebrate, I encourage you to read Leigh’s This Is How We Met series on her blog. It’s good and sweet and perfectly wonderful.
– Thanks to Dropbox and some wonderful friends, I have approximately 15.3 hours of new music. I am very much looking forward to travel time.
– Mister Stanton Martin is moving across the country. I had a moment of “aw, I’ll miss that guy” until I realized that he’s still an internet friend, regardless of his place of residence. We’ll still have Twitter. Welcome to closer to Canada.
– I taught a fellow shorty my go-to comeback I used in elementary school. When someone calls you short, respond with, “You’re ugly, and I can grow” until you are no longer able to grow, then the last part can get changed to, “and I can wear heels.”
– I never know where the period is supposed to go. Before or after the quotation marks? I know it goes before if someone is talking, but since this is a phrase, I feel like the period should come after. Before or after? I do not know.
– This weekend, while wearing an oddly coloured (but wonderfully designed!) mission team t-shirt, I thought, “Man, I have a lot of ugly team t-shirts.” I would one day like to be a part of a team of any sort that prides itself on really nice t-shirts. Even if it’s a Team Nice T-Shirt team. I’d be on board.
– Can I be serious for just a second here? No? Okay. I wanted to start this list off with I FEEL LIKE I’M DYING but I held back (you’re welcome). I do feel rather awful. In fact, I’ve felt awful since midsummer. YES. It’s been a long time. Today I’m having a “if I feel like this in a week, I have no idea how I am going to get out of bed and eat Mexican food with a smile on my face, let alone mix and pour concrete in the hot sun all day” day. I am frustrated. This type of stuff often happens right before missions trips and often during trips and can get in the way. I’m praying that it won’t. Your prayers are greatly appreciated as well. I’ll give you a high five the next time I see you.
– This just in: there are talks of a possible Air Canada strike at the end of this week. When we’re planning to fly. On an Air Canada flight. So. If you could pray for that, too. We’d appreciate it.
– I doubt that I’ll have [much] internet access while I am in Mexicola, but there might be little tidbits of something posted along the way.
-This is the end of the Mishmash.
Any mishmash to add to my list?